When choosing a mattress, price can make a big difference. Many of us have heard or seen advertisements for cheap mattresses that seem too good to be true. When it comes to pricing a mattress, it is important to know what is too low and what is too high so that you buy a mattress that not only fits your budget, but will provide you with a comfortable, full-night’s sleep for years to come.
Mattress Pricing Breakdown
Although you may be able to find a queen-sized mattress and boxspring set for as low as $200.00, it doesn’t mean that you should buy it. Cheap mattresses will end up being a waste of money. On the other end of the spectrum, the only real difference you will notice between a $1,500.00 mattress and a $5,000.00 mattress will be in your bank account. Keep reading for a broad overview of mattress pricing. You should keep in mind, that the prices below are for the “real” price of the mattress and that in most retail outlets, the price may be far higher.
- $0-200: This is the low-end for a mattress. Many times mattresses in this category are used or of poor quality.
- $200-400: A mattress in this price range is probably does not have a daily use. It is possible to use these mattresses nightly, but not recommended as they will most likely not provide the comfort and support that you really need.
- $400-600: These mattresses are what you will most likely find in most guest rooms. the increase in price allows better materials to be used. Often, these mattresses may have an enhanced comfort layer or support layer – not both.
- $600-1000: This is the typical price range for the average to good quality mattress. These mattresses will utilize better support and comfort layers when compared to mattresses below $600.00. These are tier three mattresses and are used by many people every night.
- $1000-1500: Mattresses that fall into this price range are the beginning of luxury mattresses. When compared to the previous price range, they will use far better materials and will offer a wider variety of support and comfort layer combinations. At this price range, you will begin to find mattresses that were not made overseas and will probably notice an increase in overall comfort and support.
- $1500-2500: Within this price range, you should be able to find everything you want in a mattress. This means enhanced comfort layers such as thick foam and stronger support layers. Many name brand luxury mattresses fall into this price range and they will serve as worthwhile investments for years to come.
- $2500-5000: Mattresses included in this price range are luxury mattresses that use higher quality/luxury materials than the previous price range. To some consumers, these special materials makes all the difference. Additionally, some individuals choose these mattresses because of the enhanced pressure relief and spine enhancement. Trying out one of these mattresses and comparing them is useful in order to tell if the mattress is ideal for your needs.
- $5000+: Before spending this much on a mattress, you should compare it to other mattresses in the previous two categories to decide if it is worth the investment. If your budget is over $5000.00 for a mattress, you may want to consider in investing in other components/accessories for your mattress in order to enhance your sleeping experience.
Take Advantage Today!
Tier 4 Mattress offers its’ customers a wide ride of high-quality, tier 4 mattresses at a price you won’t find at retail mattress stores. Come to one of our locations today and test out a luxury mattress at a reduced price today.